|Release Date:||May, 9th 2018|
|Compatibility:||Android 5 (Lollipop), Android 6 (Marshmallow), Android 7 and 7.1 (Nougat)|
This version provides new features and a few corrections.
You may now easily subscribe to the events you are attending (and only those events, not the ones you declined). To do so, use the gear icon from the list of upcoming events. You will find a button to copy the subscription URI to your mobile device’s clipboard.
How to add calendar subscriptions to your Android¶
Once you copied the subscription URI, you may create a new calendar for those Lions events. Here are the steps.
Setup the Google account assigned to your Android device.
- Log into the Google site using the account assigned to your Android device, then from top-menu click “More > Calendar”.
- Follow the instructions at Google Calendar to subscribe to the calendar feed.
- You will see the calendar subscription appear under “Other Calendars”.
- Confirm that the subscription is working by verifying that scheduled events are appearing in the calendar grid.
Configure your Android device to sync to your Google calendar.
- Go into your device’s Calendar app, in the settings make sure your Google account is checked, then select “Sync Now”.
- You may need to select the Google account calendar, then under “Other calendars”, check the subscribed calendars the Android device should sync with (by default, the “Other calendars” may not be checked).
An alternative to going the “official” way as described above is to use a 3rd-party app from Google Play, just like ICSdroid.
The way credentials and settings are persisted has been streamlined and is now using a better approach. Instead of keeping legacy code and since the application does not let you configure many settings anyway, we did not implement a migration path. This means that after the upgrade to this version, you will have to reconfigure your multi district, username, password and possibly whether you want the help tooltips shown.
The sources of news you are interested in is stored centrally with your LionsBase profile and is as such not impacted by this change.
Using iOS? Please see corresponding release notes.