|Release Date:||August, 5th 2020|
|Compatibility:||Android 5 (Lollipop), Android 6 (Marshmallow), Android 7 and 7.1 (Nougat), Android 8 and 8.1 (Oreo), Android 9.0 (Pie), Android 10.0|
This release fixes some issues and crashes which have been reported.
As you know, since last release (Version 7.3.0), you may update some of your personal profile data. When it comes to changing an email address, we send you a confirmation code. The message you receive is now properly translated in your preferred language (when available: in Switzerland/Liechtenstein either in English, French, German or Italian; in Austria either in English or German).
If you do not see the link to edit and update your personal profile, this means that your CLBM either forgot to enable that feature by editing the club record and ticking the corresponding checkbox:
… or that for some reason your club is not willing to let you update your personal profile on your own. In either cases, it may be worth discussing it with him/her and your club president.
Another nice change is when you update your main email address: as it is used as your username to authenticate with LionsBase, the application will now update your saved credentials so that the next time you reopen the application, you are automatically authenticated with your new email address and you do not need to manually update it.
In addition, we introduced a minor UX enhancement by using a green background color for the confirmation button and a red background color for the cancellation button.
In addition, a few bugs have been squashed and minor enhancements integrated:
- trying to get more statistics for the social activities of a club with wrong or legacy/outdated categories could crash the application; this is now prevented;
- some users could have, sometimes, the application crash when showing the list of clubs or when showing the form to search for members. This was related to some incomplete parameters sent by the UI and is now prevented;
- social activities with a legacy category (which is thus not supported anymore) would not show up in the list; this is now circumvented by associating them to the category “Other”;
- the member could not invite his/her partner right away after choosing to participate to the event; this is now fixed.
- the loading indicator is now better accessible for the visually impaired;
- the main framework library has been downgraded to the version used in Version 7.2.0 as we have figured out that it was unfortunately causing lots of strange crashes since Version 7.3.0; as you can imagine, tracking bugs down to external dependencies which are supposed to be really stable is always disappointing but unfortunately a reality nowadays;
- various internal libraries have been upgraded.
Using iOS? Please see corresponding release notes.