|Release Date:||October, 9th 2018|
|Compatibility:||iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12|
This release provides some major support improvement with QR-code embedded in event tickets.
Support for scanning QR-codes has been enhanced:
- In addition to the drawer, the scanner is now available directly in the event’s detail page;
- A custom overlay has been integrated. This allows us to give you a direct feedback message with green (success) or red (failure) background when you scan a QR-code;
- Previously your device would vibrate and play a success or failure sound. The failure (system) sound was quite disturbing so now your device will play a success sound on success (no vibration) and will vibrate in case of a failure while scanning a QR-code;
- Support for an external QR-code scanner has been integrated. Please read chapter Bluetooth Barcode Reader for details.
Calendar Feed (iCal)¶
Subscription to your personal calendar feed (feature introduced in version 4.1) is now easier since we found a way to bypass the clipboard step altogether.
Answers to Questions¶
Since version 4.3 you could see the answers of other participants if you were attending the event as well; this is now available even when you are not attending the event yourself.
Accessibility which allows you to get bigger (or smaller) font size in the applications is now partly implemented in the various screens of this application.
Support for help tooltips (introduced in version 3.1) has been dropped.
Rationale is that it cluttered the layout with information which was never intended to stay long but only to guide new users until they felt sufficiently confident to disable them. Unfortunately, it turned out than for more than a year now, and even for tech-savvy Lions members, virtually nobody thought about deactivating those tooltips until we showed how to do that and just “lived with them”.
We feel the mobile application should be sufficiently intuitive to not need to rely on those tooltips anymore.
You will find some tuning for the mobile application in the drawer menu by tapping on “Settings”. You are really encouraged to go there and look around.
In addition, a few bugs have been squashed and minor enhancements integrated:
- An all-day event for the next day would show “12:00 AM” as start time on the dashboard, it now properly shows that the event is lasting all day long instead;
- The application detects if you are running a beta version instead of telling that you are using the latest (public) version. Since you are using a bleeding-edge version, that is cool to thank you for testing;
- Latest iOS devices iPhone XR, XS and XS max are now supported;
- Various internal libraries have been upgraded.
Using Android? Please see corresponding release notes.