If you manage a website outside from LionsBase (e.g., your multi-district website), you may want to import and show content from LIonsBase. This is typically the case with the list of clubs, upcoming events or social activities.
You have basically two possibilities to achieve this goal:
- Import raw data using the LionsBase Web Service API
- Integrate generated pages from LionsBase
We will describe one way of integrating generated pages. The steps are:
- Choose an existing LionsBase club to prepare pages to be integrated in an external website (e.g.,
- Use an empty template for the page to prevent LionsBase design such as navigation menu and club banner to be generated, thus generating only formatted content
- Ensure the page is hidden in the navigation menu of your LionsBase website
- Use an iframe in your external website and reference your page
Using an Empty Template¶
Please refer to chapter Changing the Layout of a Page and choose an empty template.
Prepare your page in TYPO3 as usual, using content elements of type text, images or plugins.
Using an iframe¶
First of all you need to know the ID of your page to be referenced. One way to retrieve this ID is to edit the page and have a look at the bottom right of the tab area, just as with any record within TYPO3:
In this case, this is “702”. As your club website is accessible from
https://salzburg.lions.at), the page with the ID 702 is accessible from
Now open your external website and insert a HTML snippet:
<iframe width="100%" id="myFrame" src="https://your-club-name.domain.tld/index.php?id=702" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"> An iframe capable browser is required to view this page. </iframe>
Having the attribute
head” of your page:
If you do not want to do this, make sure to provide an attribute “