|7 febbraio 2019|
|Compatibilità:||Android 5 (Lollipop), Android 6 (Marshmallow), Android 7 and 7.1 (Nougat), Android 8 and 8.1 (Oreo)|
In short, this release comes with two major changes:
- The dashboard has been revamped and the news are now shown vertically.
- You are now connected to other countries! Please read on for details.
Furthermore, the application will automatically detect if it has been upgraded recently, and if so, will show you a news article pointing to these release notes. This should help you better understand how to take advantage of all the new features.
- The news are now presented vertically, just as in your favourite news or social application.
- The layout has been updated as well, you now see the single-line teaser, the author and the date of the publication. In addition, if the news is properly linked to a Lions (or LEO) member, then her photo will be shown as well.
The link to the member is created automatically for new news (article) records. For older ones, you may edit the news record and create the author link manually:
Exchange of Information¶
Honestly? This is nuts!
As you certainly know, two multi districts are currently using LionsBase, namely MD 102 (Switzerland/Liechtenstein) and MD 114 (Austria). Members of both countries are successfully using this mobile application. Guess what? for a very long time we naturally thought that it would be terrific to be able to get information about clubs in the other country and look for contacts just as we do daily (ok, or weekly) for Lions and LEO members in our own country.
The list of clubs and associated information is public (website, …), as such there is nothing special to do to show foreign clubs. Tap the top right filter icon and then one of the country flag:
The main issue was being allowed to share information across the border. Some time ago, governors from Switzerland and Austria met and discussed how clubs in the western side of Austria could more easily get in touch with their Swiss neighbor friends from the easterly side of Switzerland. We thought about it, refreshing what was partly imagined already and came up with a very good solution.
GDPR. You certainly know that it stands for General Data Protection Regulation and is already in effect in Europe, thus Austria. But in Switzerland as well we do take privacy and data protection seriously. As such, we are pleased to announce that exchange of information between Switzerland/Liechtenstein and Austria is not automatic.
The rule is straightforward: if you want to get access to member data in other countries, you need to share your own profile. Do not worry! We do not ask you to share everything about you, but what is considered «basic Lions information» such as, your name, your photo, your club and your Lions history.
IMPORTANT: Exchange of information is totally free to enable and denied by default. We hope that you will gladly accept to share basic information about you (after all the LCI organisation in US already provides your name and club membership to any Lions member in the world). But if you prefer to stay invisible from foreign Lions members, that is totally fine!
How does it work? Open the Settings (from the drawer menu), Tap on «Data protection and exchange» and follow the 1-step to agree to share your basic profile information with foreign Lions members.
After agreeing to share your basic profile information, you will be able to selectively choose other pieces of information you allow to be exchanged. Examples are email address, phone number, business information and so on.
Elenco dei membri¶
The various lists of members now feature a small dot as an overlay of the photo to show the activity of the corresponding member in the mobile application:
- Green: High activity;
- Orange: Medium activity;
- Red: Low activity;
- Black: Not using the mobile application at all.
We streamlined support for dynamic font size; that is, adjusting the font to your preferred reading size.
In addition, some adjustments ensure that this application is now better-suited at being used by visually impaired persons:
- by default, TalkBack will describe each and every piece of information (label, images, …). Typically some images do not convey any real mean and should better be «invisible» than being described. Rationale is that the text next to them often carries more information. As a result, we deactivated some of these images;
- accessibility for the news articles on dashboard has been improved;
- accessibility for the detail of an event and associated registration has been improved;
- accessibility to access social networks of a club or a member has been improved.
In addition, a few bugs have been squashed:
- The search zone when looking for a member was reverted to a less-polished version in version 3.2.2. The problem was actually related to a bug in Android 7.0 (Nougat) which is supposed to be fixed since Android 7.1 but is known to still be problematic on some devices. Moreover, it is well-known that Samsung users get next to no updates to their Android version anyway (or only after a very long time, in the order of 1-2 years). We finally found an explanation of the actual bug and a workaround which allowed us to get back the modern search bar even on those devices. This prevents us from having this particular «hotfix» to be applied on each Android releases of this application since then!
Usando iOS? Per favore vedere le note di rilascio corrispondenti.