Configuring the Members Plugin¶
When you edit the Members plugin, the “Plugin” tab lets you choose the field to be rendered:
The two lists allow to choose which fields should be shown in the webpage. The list on the right-hand side shows all possible fields whereas the list on the left-hand side shows your own selection for the webpage. Click on a field in the list on the right-hand side to automatically add it to the list on the left-hand side.
Three special items are present at the beginning of the list:
- This item will add a blank space in the output, typically used to output the first name and the last name together on the same line, or the postal code and the city.
- [new line]
- This item will render the next field on a new line.
- [new column]
- This item will render the next field in a new table column. Having an additional column means that an additional heading will be needed to define its title.
Changing the Order of Fields¶
To move one or more fields to another position in the list on the left-hand side and use one of the buttons between the two lists to reorder them:
- This button moves the selected items to the top of the list.
- This button moves the selected items one position up in the list.
- This button moves the selected items one position down in the list.
- This button moves the selected items to the end of the list.
- This button removes the selected items from the list.
Changing the Table Headings¶
Each time you add a special list item
[new column], a new column is created and as such a new heading is required for the resulting table. The field below the list of fields to be displayed lets you enter a label for each table column. Column headings are separated by a double pipe character (
Adding or Modifying Members¶
Adding a new Members Plugin¶
Create a new content element and choose to insert a “General Plugin”:
Then it is considered a good practice to give a title to your content element. In order for the title you give not being rendered on your website, you may change its type to “hidden”:
Finally, under the “Plugin” tab, choose the Members plugin:
Then proceed as usual to configure the plugin.